Last week was again quite fruitful for ParalleMIC, not so much for the number
of newly added links, but rather for the intriguing research studies about
which I found. It is a pity, though, that most webmasters do not post detailed
information on the ongoing R&D and that they rarely submit their web sites to
search engines. Luckily, some of them are contacting us directly, for which we
This Wednesday, ParalleMIC marks its first anniversary; it is on January 24,
2000 that I dared to register its domain name. I was initially contributing
to hexapods.com () but then ... well, let's just say
that I do not like web sites involved in banner advertizing.
I hope you find ParalleMIC useful and easy to use. I am open to any suggestions
January 22, 2001
* The list of patents was slightly restructured and updated
* The "Who's Who -> Laboratories" section was also restructured
* Mechatronics & Control Lab, Korea University
* Oiwa Laboratory, Shizuoka University
* ParaDex: A Novel 6-DOF 6-P(RR)S Parallel Manipulator from Sandia
* A 4-DOF Sea Motion Simulator, BHR Group
* I am still in anticipation of the response of Prof. Reymond Clavel concerning
the review on the Delta robot.
* Luc Rolland from LORIA prepared a French version of the "Terminology" section
which I will post some time next week.