Yesterday was the debut of the new XFL -- the new league of American football.
I won't comment on the game but rather share my surprise when they announced
that one of the innovations was the use of a Skycam from August Design (a wire
actuated camera over the field). Then, there is this new machining center for
lens finishing from Gerber Coburn Optical. Well, parallel mechanisms are
steadily taking over.
February 5, 2001
* Various hexapods at CSA Engineering
* Hexapods for active vibration isolation from Intelligent Automation
* A 6-DOF 6-P(RR)S PKM for surface machining of lens by Gerber Coburn Optical
* The Gerber Coburn Optical's US patent on their hexapod
* PERCRO, Sant'Anna School, Italy
* Neuro Surgical Robot at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore